This policy was last updated in February of 2017 and was modeled after a similar policy established by Society for Historical Archaeology (SHA 2015).
Over the past few years, ASNJ has built an online presence through the use of social media. Today, we have a website, Facebook Page, Instagram Account and Twitter Account. We want to encourage all ASNJ members, followers and institutions to engage with ASNJ through these various digital mediums for personal use. However, we do request that you do not use our posted content to market your own commercial activities or events without requesting permission from the ASNJ board in advance. Otherwise, feel free to share, tweet, tag, comment and re-post our content.
Have you participated in an ASNJ hosted event or plan to join us at the next one? If so, please take the time to look over our photo release form for the usage of photos taken at our events. You may email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org or if you prefer to mail in your release form, please send the form to:
c/o Sevrie Corson
186 Pearlcroft Road
Cherry Hill, NJ 08034
Use Social Media to Engage with ASNJ
- Catch Up with What’s Happening: We have a Facebook Page, Instagram Account and Twitter Account; remember to Like and Follow Us.
- Start Communicating: use #ASNJ and #ASNJ to engage with us on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
- Share Your Adventures: Let us know when you engage with history and archaeology. Do this by posting content on our Facebook Page, tag us on Instagram or tweet to us from Twitter. Remember, use our #ASNJ and #ASNJ hashtags.
Lecture Series and Events
We rely on social media to spread the word about upcoming events and volunteer opportunities.
What we’ll be doing
- Announcing special events: We’ll send out reminders about meetings, our quarterly lecture series, artifact shows and other public outreach events. Reminders will be posted to Facebook, Instagram and Twitter; details for events will be provided on our website.
- Special Announcements: If something is relocated, delayed, or canceled, we will announce this via social media.
- Answering Questions: As of 2016, please send your questions to email@example.com.
- ReTweeting and RePosting: We’ll RePost on Facebook, RePost on Instagram and ReTweet on Twitter the things you share with the #ASNJ and #ASNJ hashtags. Share pictures, stories or comments with us. We love to hear from you!
What you can do
- Post YOUR Special Announcements: Did you participate in an ASNJ event recently? Are you volunteering for an ASNJ event? Did you visit a museum today and want to share your experience? Tell us about it! If you attend an event, please tweet your pictures with hashtags #ASNJ and #ASNJ.
- Ask Questions: The best way to get in contact with ASNJ is through our contact email, posted on the homepage of our website. Feel free to ask questions about content you see posted online.
- Take Pictures: Send us your artifact pictures! Every month, ASNJ will post a picture of an artifact. Please include a brief description of the artifact and a photo credit. Please include any known context information associated with the object. Send your submission to the ASNJ Webmaster contact at firstname.lastname@example.org and include “ASNJ Artifact” in the subject heading.
- Support ASNJ: You may purchase back bulletins and swag from ASNJ’s website. You can also become a member for $25 a year ($20 for students); these funds cover the cost of events and publications.
- Volunteer: We always need volunteers! Upcoming opportunities will be posted on social media, while a running list of upcoming projects will be available on the website. As an ASNJ member, you will have the opportunity to volunteer on excavation projects and other ASNJ events throughout the year. We greatly appreciate all help we receive.
- ReTweet and RePost: We encourage you to share ASNJ’s social media content but we respectfully request that you not re-share our content for commercial purposes.